This is a reprint of a build I wrote up on the IPMS London message board. I thought it was worth reposting to the blog. Finally had some time to get back to this over the last week. Put the two sides together and surprisingly it fit much better then I expected. Still needed some filler and sander in some spots.
This is a reprint of a build I wrote up on the IPMS London message board. I thought it was worth reposting to the blog. For all their faults I love Airfix kits, something about the wide variety of subject matter and/or the history of the company keeps me coming back. Most of the old molds can in no way be described as ‘shake-n-bake’ but there is something fun working through the challenges that some of these kits provide. With many things happening in real life I had been in a bit of a modeling rut lately, as I’m stuck in the photo etch cockpit builds of a 1/72 Lancaster and 1/72 Sutherland which for all the work it does not show much progress. Some quick and easy was needed. (And I could scrap it if didn’t go well). Enter the Airfix 1/72 Boulton Paul Defiant NF1.