The cockpit area consists of an inner and outer tub. Based on my own observations even though there are decals provided for the cockpit instrument panels, once the cockpit is closed up you will not see these panels. The cockpit being all black does not help the cause either. In that case, I decided to skip the decals. I did, however, decide to add some red details using a pin and a nail polish dot applicator. I really doubt these will be seen. Inner tub was then assembled. Followed by the outer assembly. Just a few small details to put on and paint. Assembled. As you can see, the cockpit is almost invisible.
Started work on the solar panels The fit is quite excellent and very precise. In some cases, I had to sand away from where some paint had been sprayed to get things to fit. Here is one assembled with just the blasters to be painted. Since it is a very small area to be sprayed and I have to be precise, it is the perfect job for the Sotar 20/20 airbrush. I could mask the area but the Sotar has such a tiny spray area, I won’t need too. Both of them after painting.