Started working on the lower section with the wheels. The way it goes together makes sense once you go through the instructions and start to put it together.
After 2 sessions the wheels were done it was time to test fit the upper and lower part of the hull and the turret.
Time to start priming. I’m using Vallejo German Dark Yellow straight from the bottle. I’m always happy how well this goes on.
Another small update. Working on all the smaller bits that go onto the main hull.
Several years ago I got an old Airfix kit of the 88mm Gun & Tractor in 1/76 at a garage sale for the huge price of $1 When I got home I realized the tracks were missing. So the kit got built and painted and sat waiting for an idea to replace the tracks.
I dropped by my local hobby shop today. In addition to all the normal goodies, they had a small box with a bunch of small parts bagged up, most were going for a few dollars each. This included some figures as well as many armor components in several scales such as turrets and other such parts.
One of the bags contained a turret for a Panzer II as well as two fairly long tracks that looked like they would be the correct width for the tractor. Took the bag home and sure enough a good fit, in fact, 1 track looks like it will cover both sets of drive wheels. It just goes to show you should keep your eyes open when out and about.