After I primed it, I noticed a very obvious seam that needs to be fixed at the front. I put some Mr. Surfacer 500 in the gap, left it to dry then used isopropyl alcohol with some Q-tips to get the excess off, followed by some sanding. Here is a picture during that process. I then shot more Vallejo Primer into that section and left it to dry, Now onto the colors for the big cat. Like in the airplane world there is no shortage of debate for accurate colors. I looked at quite a few sources and did the final comparison by looking at color charts and going down to my local hobby shop to compare some of the paint in the bottles or jars. The base Tamiya colors I will be using are XF-60 Dark Yellow, XF-64 Dark Brown and XF-67 NATO Green. From what I’ve seen these will make a ‘close-enough’…
Search Results for: panther
Started working on the lower section with the wheels. The way it goes together makes sense once you go through the instructions and start to put it together. After 2 sessions the wheels were done it was time to test fit the upper and lower part of the hull and the turret. Time to start priming. I’m using Vallejo German Dark Yellow straight from the bottle. I’m always happy how well this goes on.
Another small update. Working on all the smaller bits that go onto the main hull.