It’s been a busy few weeks so I haven’t had as much time on the bench as I would like.
Making some progress. Got the running gear onto the hull.
Realized afterwords for this sort of running gear, I probably should have left them off so I could properly mask the wheels. Oh well, I’ll paint them carefully after the fact. Lesson learned.
Got the upper and lower half of the hull put together and some of the smaller detail bits put on. Tools etc will be left off until paint is done.
There is a few pieces of photoetch for headlight guards etc, All I can say about is that practice makes perfect. I know which 1 of 4 I did first and I get better with each one. :-)
I haven’t touched an armour kit in many years but I always enjoyed doing armor. Most of the kit’s back then were 1/72 scale. I have built a 1/72 WW1 Male tank and a M1 Abrams recently and enjoyed both of them.
At our last local model club show I picked up this Dragon 1/35 Sherman Vc Firefly.
I’ve always like the Sherman with the larger barrel of the 76.2 mm main gun. I’m looking forward to trying a newer kit. (The jury is still out on assembling the tracks!) The main hull pieces look quite good at first glance.
Started construction on the road wheels and put a coat of Vallejo primer on them.
Nest up will be the barrel and suspension.
Micro-Sol and Micro-Set are a great system for helping your decals look their best on your models. They come in bottles like this.
But what sometimes happens is this. Usually with the cap off.
Then some language is uttered about the liquid that has been spilled and the money wasted.
So I came up with this.
A small block of wood that holds both Micro-set and Micro-Sol bottles as well as a small plastic container for holding water.
When I work on various projects I like to keep my tools and supplies organized by what I’m going to do. I have a separate container with my sanding sticks, another one for all the things I use when doing photoetch. This nicely fits into that system.
It’s a scrap of 2×4 which I bored 2 holes just large enough to hold the bottles. For the larger hole to hold the water dish I sought the advice of a cabinet-maker friend, and he suggest trimming off the sides, then cutting out the hole then re-assembling it. This configuration works quite well for me but you don’t have to have the water holder, just enough wood to keep the bottles from tipping would work as well.