Started working on painting the tracks. These are vinyl tracks which always present a challenge when trying to glue them together. Fortunately, we are not at that stage yet. I primed them with Stynylrez excellent black primer. I had some Gunze rust and the original plan was to do a base coat of that. When I checked the jar out, it had mostly dried up so decided to do a mix of Tamiya colors in the following ratios XF-52 30% XF-64 40% X-7 10% XF-56 20% Thinned to with Tamiya thinner at 50:50 and sprayed on. Quite pleased with the result. However, I will have to do a second batch as I forgot to paint the extra tracks to go on the hull, at least I remembered to prime them…..
Search Results for: panther
Green is now on and I’m really pleased on how this is turning out. There is some overspray in a few areas which I can blame on too much air pressure and not being close enough to the model. I’m going to fix that and consider it a learning moment. I build to relax but if I can learn and constantly improve then it is also a good thing. After the touch ups, I’ll let it sit for 24 hours before applying a clear coat in preparation for weathering. I also will start working on painting and weathering the tracks.
For the first of the camouflage colors, I decided it was a good time to use my Badger Sotar 20/20 airbrush with the fine tip. I picked this up earlier this year and I have done some playing around to learn the differences between it and my other airbrushes, this would be the first time I would use it on a kit for camouflage. Certainly not a perfect job, but better then what I was expecting the first time out. I will be doing some touch ups on the tank with a second coat. Notes. Dialed the pressure way back to 10-12 psi. The paint ratio was not perfect. In this case, I over thinned the paint thinking it would need that to get through the smaller tip. Noticed the signs of over thinning on the tank in places. My compress can run for about 15 min non-stop before overheating and…