After I primed it, I noticed a very obvious seam that needs to be fixed at the front. I put some Mr. Surfacer 500 in the gap, left it to dry then used isopropyl alcohol with some Q-tips to get the excess off, followed by some sanding. Here is a picture during that process. I then shot more Vallejo Primer into that section and left it to dry,
Now onto the colors for the big cat. Like in the airplane world there is no shortage of debate for accurate colors. I looked at quite a few sources and did the final comparison by looking at color charts and going down to my local hobby shop to compare some of the paint in the bottles or jars. The base Tamiya colors I will be using are XF-60 Dark Yellow, XF-64 Dark Brown and XF-67 NATO Green. From what I’ve seen these will make a ‘close-enough’ for me scheme.
Using my Badger Patriot 105 and a 50/50 mix of XF-60 and thinner I applied 2 light coats onto the tank. and left it to dry for several days. (I normally give it at least a day for the base coat, it’s probably overkill but works for me). I’ve got the combination nailed down fairly well with this airbrush and Tamiya acrylics.